Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quarter Review

1) After a quarter of Design Intelligence, I would have to say my favorite assignment was the Wikipedia paper. Not only did we get to research anything we wanted and apply what we had learned to it, but we got to publish it on the internet for everyone to see. I felt that the paper was a good example of how to write objectively, clearly, and concisely. It is nice to know that my paper didn’t just get a grade and then go straight to the recycling bin, but instead it is on the internet for people to see and hopefully help some people out.

2) I think the most important thing I learned wasn’t any specific design concept, but rather to be more conscious of my surrounding and to understand how my decisions affect others. In this class it was pretty clear that everything a designer does affects people in different ways, both good and bad. Design doesn’t just pertain to buildings and products, but to things like presentations and discussion as well. It is important to design your presentations and discussions with the purpose of extending your knowledge to others in the most effective way.

3) I will use this learning every day, but even more so when I start my career. I plan on going into business, but with any career design, presentation, and discussion are critical parts of being successful. Whether it’s presenting a new product, designing a building, or promoting any kind of business, design can make or break the deal. Being aware of the little things and how people perceive and act upon them is crucial in paving the way to success. If one can use design properly, it is that much easier to gain interest and sell products/services and to gain a respectable reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment